06 November 2014

Levi's Nursery

Well, my baby is over 2 years old, he isn't even in the same room anymore, but still someday I know I will want to look back! 
First, would you believe me if I told you that back in the Spring/Summer of 2012, chevron print was difficult to find?
No joke, now you can buy a chevron printed toothbrush, but that was all the rage starting Fall of 2012. Trust me, I searched high and low! A few weeks before Levi was born, Pottery Barn came out with some chevron striped crib bedding, so I jumped on the personalized pillow. I still haven't gotten around to actually buying the pillow, when I ordered it my prego brain confirmed and reconfirmed that I was ordering a pillow, not a sham, you can imagine how surprised I was to open just a sham. It starts as a pregnancy brain, then a baby brain, maybe a momma brain and well, now it's just my brain. 
***
Walking into his room:
 I had planned on putting some pictures or some sayings in the frames, but I ended up liking the plain yellow and my custom painting, ha ha!
 Changing table/dresser and some cute and practical shelves.


 The changing table came from Walmart, we just stained new knobs and bought baskets from Fred Meyer and Home Goods. 
The curtains are actually shower curtains from West Elm. 
Next to the tree it says Jeremiah 17:7-8
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water 
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

 Rocking chair from Babies R Us and ottoman from Target. Pillow from Etsy, although now you could find it anywhere!

 Pottery Barn pillow SHAM, not to be confused with pillow, and an adorable tag ball made by my friend Melissa. 
 Prints from Etsy. 
 Ikea spice rack bookshelves and a tiny Levi toddling into his room :)

I absolutely loved his room. It was so cozy and practical and super fun to put together. Georgiana would tell people, we worked so hard on his room! She was such a sweetheart helping us hang things, assemble furniture and provide a lot of suggestions with where things should go. Levi's room is now a little bigger and closer to Georgiana. He sleeps in a big boy bed and has a big boy dresser. His rocking chair is in our room, hard to believe the baby season passed so quickly. I spent A LOT of nights in that rocking chair. So many memories. 

No comments: